In this tutorial we are going to learn about Explain about Digital Multi meter
- Digital multi meter is an instrument which measures A.C. And D.C. voltages A.C. and D.C. currents and D.C. currents and resistance over a wide range.
Digital Multi meter –
- It Indicates that the device has a digital
- It indicates that a single devices can Or LCD output be used for multi meter Measurement
Parts of Digital Multi meter
- Display screen:- It has illuminated display screen for better visualization.
Five digits ,one for sign value and Four for number representation.
- Selection knob :- multi meter is used for several measurements like voltage, current and resistance.
The selection knob allows the user to select the different measurements.
- Port :- Two ports
Red probe Black probe
10 A Port – current port can measure large currents.
- ACI (Alternating current)
- ACI (Alternating voltage)
- DCI (Direct current)
- DCV ( Direct Voltage)
*The A.C. quantities and converted into D.C quantities by employing various rectifier and filtering circuits.
*The resistance measurements consist of a low current source that is applied across an unknown resistance.
Measurement of Current
*for current measurement the drop across an internal calibrated shunt is measurement directly by the ADC in the “D.C. current mode “ and after “A.C. to D.C conversion in the A.C current mo
Measurement of Resistance
Digital multi meter measures the voltage across the externally connected resistance, resulting from a current forced through it from a calibrated current source.
Digital Multi meter Application(DMM)
- Digital Multi meter use in Repair Lab.
- Digital Multi meter use in Research & Development Lab.
- Digital Multi meter use in maintenance of all electrical equipment.
- Digital Multi Meter use in all type of testing electronics components
- Digital Multi meter is very useful for all PCB testing & electronics instruments testing.