In this tutorial we are going to learn about for operation amplifier.
Operation Amplifier –
- It specifies special type of amplifier that can perform mathematical operations.
- One electronic device which is a special type of amplifier and could be used for variety of operations such as amplification addition subtraction differentiation and integration is called operational amplifier (op-amp).
Importance of Operation Amplifier –
- A variety of useful circuit can be built without the necessity of knowing about the complex internal circuitry.
- The adder subtraction differentiator can be generated using op-amp the using basically an excellent high can dc amplifier.
- We can construct amplifier waveform generators and timers using op-amp.
- The op-amp has become an integral part of almost every electronic circuit which using linear lCs.
- These are inexpensive, It take up less space and consume less power.
Working of Operation Amplifier –
- Input stage: – The input stage is a dual-input and balanced output differential amplifier. This space provides most of the voltage gain of the amplifier and also establishes the input resistance of the op-amp.
- Intermediate stage: – This stage increases the overall gain of the op-amp. This is dual input unbalanced output differential amplifier.
- Level shifting stage: – This is emitter follower. This circuit is use after intermediate stage to shift the dc level at the we respect to ground
- Output stage:- The last stage is complementary symmetry push-pull amplifier. if increases voltage and current handling capability of op-amp it also provides a low output .
Circuit Symbol of Operation Amplifier –
- The positive supply voltage terminal +VCC or +V.
- In this circuit, The negative supply voltage terminal is –VEE or –V.
- VO the output terminal.
- V2 inverting input terminal marked as negative.
- V1 The Non -Inverting input terminal marked as positive.